Toyota Tundra Towing Capacity
There are quite a few aspects that contribute to the high towing capacity of the 2020 Toyota Tundra. No matter if you choose the base engine option or the top-performing Tundra equipped with the Toyota Tundra tow package, you’ll be able to load up your truck and haul everything you need for the job in one trip. Learn more about the 2020 Toyota Tundra towing capacity with DARCARS Toyota of Frederick today then drive off in the model that works for you and your driving needs.
What is the Towing Capacity of a Toyota Tundra?
No matter if you decide on the Toyota Tundra tow package or not, this model offers plenty of innovative performance features to ensure you feel the power in your Tundra. Even the base model isn’t a force to be reckoned with. Check out the standard Tundra performance specs:
- Standard Engine: 5.7-Liter Aluminum i-FORCE V8 with DOHC 32-Valve cylinder heads with Acoustic Control Induction System (ACIS), Dual Independent Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i) and 4-2-1 tubular stainless steel exhaust manifold.
- Standard Engine Output: 381 hp @ 5600 rpm and 401 lb-ft @ 3600 rpm.
- Transmission: 6-speed Electronically Controlled automatic Transmission with intelligence (ECT-i), sequential shift mode and uphill/downhill shift logic (5.7L V8 models add TOW/HAUL Mode).
- Towing Performance Features: Available Integrated Trailer Brake Controller (ITBC) and standard Trailer-Sway Control (TSC).
The 2020 Toyota Tundra can handle a maximum payload of 1.730 pounds in addition to its high towing capacity. If you’re looking for more convenience to match the power, the Tundra offers Toyota Tundra tow mirrors, heated power outside tow mirrors with integrated blind-spot monitors, turn signal indicators, and manual-extended and folding features for maximum security and convenience on your trailering routes.
Upgrade to the Toyota Tundra Tow Package
In order to get the most out of your new Tundra’s performance, you’ll want to add the Toyota Tundra tow package which includes:
- Towing hitch receiver
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller (ITBC)
- Supplemental engine oil cooler
- Supplemental transmission cooler
- 4.300 rear axle ratio
- TOW/HAUL Mode switch
- Heavy-duty battery
- 170-amp alternator and 4-/7-pin connector
In addition to this package, there are plenty of Toyota Tundra OEM parts and accessories available to add to the convenience and comfort of your new ride. Learn more about the parts available at ourparts center today!
Find a Powerful Tundra at DARCARS Toyota of Frederick!
When the time comes to explore the range of Tundra options available, choose DARCARS Toyota of Frederick. We have a large inventory of models available as well as new vehicle specials and Toyota lease deals for additional savings. If you have any questions or want to get the process started, contact us!
More from DARCARS Toyota of Frederick
There are quite a few aspects that contribute to the high towing capacity of the 2020 Toyota Tundra. No matter if you choose the base engine option or the top-performing Tundra equipped with the Toyota Tundra tow package, you’ll be able to load up your truck and haul everything you need for the job…
The 2020 Toyota RAV4 is praised by many in the automotive industry. When the time comes to choose a new model to cruise home in, check out the Toyota RAV4 reviews. Car and Driver raved about the rugged styling and the plethora of safety technology features while Edmunds enjoyed the off-roading capabilities of the…
The 2020 Toyota Highlander offers an abundance of user-friendly tech, a high-end comfortable interior, and a high-performing drivetrain that drivers will love. When it comes time to choose your favorite new Toyota Highlander trim level, you’ll want to know which can give you all you need and more on your commutes. Learn about the…